Position: Field Coordinator-Crafts
Apply By: 28-02-2022
Job Location: Birbhum, West Bengal
About the Organization:
AIACA is an apex body that has been working on a range of issues, since 2004, to promote market-led growth for the crafts sector; and increased incomes and improved living standards of crafts producers. Over the past decade, AIACA has conducted policy research and advocacy on a range of issues including access to credit for crafts producers and environmental and health and safety standards for the sector; developed a crafts-certification system called the Craftmark; assisted sales and outreach of member producer groups and enterprises through commercial trade catalogues, trade fairs and order fulfillment; and assisted in developing and strengthening back-end production systems through a range of product design and business development services. We have worked with more than 150,000 artisans across 23 states in India.
Roles description Field Coordinator-Crafts
A field coordinator is responsible for overseeing operations of different cluster at AIACA sites locations. He/She should have sound knowledge of handicraft and handloom products, techniques, tools, equipment’s and methods used in craft sector. Should be capable of conducting capacity building of craft workers for desired output. He/she will liaison with the stakeholders, govt deptt./ local body as per the requirement. Should be well versed with central govt and state govt livelihood schemes/projects/programs.
The role of Field Coordinator at AIACA will entail the following responsibilities:
· Oversee the execution of project in the ground/field as per the project planning, implementation and monitoring processes under the direction of Project Manage
· Identify, develop and refine the training needs for artisans in coordination with project manager
· Manage all logistics for the trainings to be given to the artisans as per need based assessment
· Proactively identify day to day issues/ problems and sort crises, and develop contingency plans in coordination with Project Manager
· Coordinate all group activities for the artisans groups like monthly meetings, record keeping etc
· Coordinate the registration of artisan enterprises wherever required
· Coordinate convergence activities on the ground for the claiming of social security rights and entitlements for the women in the project
· Manage all logistics and arrangements for any event that may be organized under the project
· Documentation and reporting – Responsible for complete documentation work and submitting the reports
· Manage multiple project sites as per the project requirements
· Any other assignment as deemed necessary for the organization and the project
Competency/ Skill sets required:
· Well versed with Governance structure of community based enterprises
· Demonstrated capacities of working with stakeholders from varied constituencies to represent their interests sensitively
· On-ground working experience as a coordinator with artisans, craft NGOs, craft producer groups, craft-based CSR organizations
· Technical and academic understanding of Indian traditional crafts sectors and craft techniques, Handloom and Handicraft work
· Computer/IT skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Forms, basic Adobe Photoshop – Mac based.
· Natural ability to connect with artisans in a rural community and work respectfully
· Multitasking ability
· Report-writing skills with attention to detail
· Team player
· Excellent organizational, problem-solving and time management skills
· Basic presentation skills
· Excited about working with craft communities across the country
· Proficient in English and regional/state language
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
· MSW or PG diploma in social work. Candidate having any certificate/diploma in handloom /handicraft management will be preferred.
· 3-5 years’ experience of coordinating multiple projects in development organization.
· Prior experience in women centric community groups/livelihood projects is desirable.
The Salary/Compensation offered will be commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Health insurance and contribution to EPF will be provided as an additional benefit.
The last date for applications is the 28thFebruary, 2023.
Job Types: Full-time, Regular / Permanent
Salary: ₹25,000.00 – ₹30,000.00 per month
Application Deadline: 28/02/2023
Expected Start Date: 01/03/2023